Job Position: Marketing and Events Manager
About Start Fort Wayne
We are a nonprofit, founded in 2015, to help entrepreneurs launch their ventures and to drive startup culture in northeast Indiana. We have projects and programs in three areas: community, education, and space.
We interact regularly with community and business leaders, forward-thinkers, and change-makers. We operate with a laid-back vibe, but we’re serious about our mission and impact. We are changing the way northeast Indiana does entrepreneurship, and we need a passionate person with the skills to back it up, to help us drive.
You will be a self-driven professional, excited to work in a collaborative environment. You can think on your feet and are a self-starter and a problem solver. You will have excellent organizational skills and are able to see what needs to get done and make it happen.
You will also have exemplary communication skills to interface with community members, the Start Fort Wayne Board, our vast network of partners, and in written communication pieces and on social media. You have an eye towards continuous improvement and have a creative mind to come up with solutions.
You understand Start Fort Wayne’s mission and values, and are passionate about moving Start Fort Wayne toward its vision of being the central player for tech and high-growth entrepreneurship Fort Wayne and Northeast Indiana.
Job Description and Responsibilities
The Marketing and Events Manager represents Start Fort Wayne’s brand and executes our community-engagement. The best fit candidate will have experience in: communications, public relations, advertising and/or marketing, event planning, and event management.
- Working with the Atrium Supervisor, manage staffing and volunteers for applicable Start Fort Wayne programs and events; manage conference room calendars; coordinate internal events for the membership and external events for the general public.
- Manage Start Fort Wayne events, including working artists, musicians, vendors, caterers, and others related to the events.
- Help identify new/additional community events and relevant event programming for Start Fort Wayne.
- Assist with business development to bring in new space rentals to the Atrium.
- Represent Start Fort Wayne at internal and external events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Manage website for Start Fort Wayne and Start Fort Wayne programs.
- Create, manage, and monitor social media for Start Fort Wayne and those of Start Fort Wayne programs.
- Create, manage, and assess marketing campaigns for Start Fort Wayne events and programs.
- Working with the executive director, identify attendance/participation goals for Start Fort Wayne programs and events.
- Working with the executive director, create Northeast Indiana entrepreneur(ship) storytelling program.
- Develop organization newsletter(s).
- Identify new/relevant marketing channels.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is currently a part-time, 30 hours per week position, typically scheduled within Atrium staffed hours of Monday-Friday from 8a-8p but will also include some special events on evenings and weekends. This position pays up to $14/hour, commensurate on experience and skill set.
Send resumes to [email protected]